Sharpen Your Teeth, Sink Into Me

21:03

It's October! Time to get spooky! I didn't need an excuse to wear my Carmilla dress, but I wasn't going to resist a chance to get dressed up in a dress I love. I reviewed the dress here!


I've styled it very similarly to how it was worn in the fashion show - lace tights, and black accessories. I've got a velvet belt on, and I love the contrast in textures between that, the chiffon dress, and the lace tights.

Peacockalorum Carmilla dress - Vivienne Westwood shoes - Innocent World belt - Fantastic Grim Jewellery
I'm wearing the dress for a meet next weekend, at the coffin works, and I'm twinning! I expect I'll be styling it in a very similar way, but a tour of a coffin museum practically demands deep red gothic perfection.


I'm not entirely happy with my choice of head accessories with this outfit, but I couldn't find anything else I liked more - I tried on my entire collection of black accessories and some wine, and decided that simple bows were the best option. I think that headbows were too cute for this outfit, and my hats were all too vintage and not quite goth enough. I'd have loved a crown of black roses - I'd best get my craft on before next week!


I am really happy with how all these photos came out - I think I caught the light right at the most flattering time of the day, and you can't tell I was running back and forth from the camera to set the self timer between shots! I'm really happy with my makeup too - it's heavier than I usually wear with a darker lip, but I feel like it fits the vampiric feel of the dress perfectly.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. It fit you perfect. I would chosen a dark red roses, simply because it can better noticed on distance by camera. I actually think a cloche hat would work, since it have similar shape to the dress. Or maybe it is me...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to get some dark red roses and give that a try! I do have a cloche hat, that would probably work better with the silhouette, you're right. Thank you for your insight!

      Delete

I appreciate all the comments I get, and while I don't always manage to reply to them (especially not as quickly as I'd like!), I do read them all and enjoy hearing people's thoughts.