It's A Long Way Back From 17 {ILD June 2016}

22:03

Lily of the Valley Designs JSK - Innocent World socks - Fantastic Grim belt, crown and necklace - Hush Puppies shoes - Peacockalorum underskirt

 I organised a fancy afternoon tea for International Lolita Day with the other mods of my local community! There were 25 of us taking over a private room in a fancy hotel to drink tea and eat cake, and there was bingo and a Midlands Knowledge Quiz with brand prizes.


Every guest got a gift bag full of cute things to take away with them - here's the animal rubbers, stickers, teabags and handmade kokeshi doll brooches from when we were setting up. The cross-stitch brooches were done by Polyrillustration, who also illustrated us a fantastic postcard (because she has oodles of talents and was willing to donate them to us!).


I was really happy with the event, and with my outfit - I love heraldry themes, and I'm really pleased with having socks that go so well with the print on the dress. This is probably my favourite dress in my wardrobe - I loved the original release, but navy suits me better than brown and the floatiness of the chiffon make this one even better in my eyes! I also liked that I was representing indie brands - I bought the Fantastic Grim jewellery at Under the Sea specifically for this outfit, and I feel like the antique gold works really well with this print.

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Love that outfit! You matched everything together really well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm really pleased with how it all came together too.

      Delete
  2. Great outfit, I really like that JSK and I think you coorded it so well. And your comm was well spoilt with those goodie bags! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was really pleased with the goodie bags - it means everyone goes away with something, and I think the idea was really well received <3

      Delete

I appreciate all the comments I get, and while I don't always manage to reply to them (especially not as quickly as I'd like!), I do read them all and enjoy hearing people's thoughts.